Monday, May 5, 2008

Les Miserables

Ok, so as yall have probably already figured out I love musicals and theater! Most people would think that if you love those kind of things you are the stereotypical theater geek, but things were and still are different at Huntsville High! At Huntsville High, the drama department and the spring musical is the things to do....almost everyone tries to be in the play at least once! It is something everyone puts on their checklist of "Things to Do Before I Graduate". Our teacher/director is one of the main reasons that everyone enjoys the doing the shows. He makes those four months the best four months of the year, and about the only four you really look forward to! During my four years, I was apart of "Annie", "The Sound of Music", "Grease", and "Beauty and the Beast". As you can see he likes to pick classics that everyone know, so it only seemed natural for him to pick "Les Miserable". 
Last weekend I went home to see my best friends perform! I went closing night, the night where everyone gives everything they got left, so it is normally the best show of the run! I was blown away! I knew they would pull out all the stops, but I wasn't prepared to be so moved by high school performers, performing one of the most dramatic musicals ever. I had chill bumps half the time and the other half I was balling my eyes out! I think the public underestimates the amount of understanding and emotion teenagers actually have and these high schools definitely proved them wrong! Along with the lighting and the set, which equally matched the amazing talent on the stage, you couldn't walk away not in aw of what you had just seen. I walked away very proud to have been apart of that drama department and proud of all my friends and the bright futures they have ahead of them!

No comments: